This is my personal blog. Everything written here is written by me, and is my opinion. This is my content, and I am the person responsible. Not the company I work for right now, not my colleagues, not anyone else.
I'm Romulus Crisan, Development Manager at SDL. I’m a passionate and trustworthy software developer that you can often find speaking about technology at developer conferences or various translation and localization industry events. I'm helping developers and technology partners to be successful in working with various technologies, frameworks and API’s by coaching, writing, doing trainings and workshops or via developer communities. I’m a problem solver with expertise that spans on a significant number of different subject areas, like translation, finance or digital media. My constant curiosity keeps me in a good shape regarding new technologies and gadgets of which I love read, learn and of course experiment.
As a developer evangelist at SDL my focus was split between various activities and initiatives, like:
- Help developers and technology professionals via the language developer community or by writing, doing trainings or workshops.
- Drive Open-source software initiative for SDL AppStore applications and plugins. During this period more than 30 plugins and applications where open-sourced here.
- Manage and grow SDL AppStore team.
- Provide technical assistance pre-sales process.
- Speak about SDL product APIs and technology at various industry and company events.
- Sustain developer workshops.
- Create and build GroupShareKit and SDL Studio Community Toolkit libraries. This are API helper libraries that simplify developers work when consuming SDL product APIsfor SDL Trados Studio and GroupShare.
I've worked for 7 years at Endava with the last 3 years being responsible for people management and enterprise and application architecture. I took part into planning the hiring strategy, creating the ramp-up plans for new team members and creating a line management structure that was responsible for employee training, development and motivation.